Latest News and Events
Tech Session for Upcoming Track Events
Schattenbaum will hold an official club Tech Session in March for upcoming Track Events. You may be able to obtain a preferred inspection time by calling ahead.
- Satisfy the tech inspection requirement.
- Get your inspection form completed and signed by an approved inspection facility.
- Identify any issues which need to be resolved prior to the DE.
- See some of your Porsche friends before the DE and of course, ogle the cars.
The scheduled session date is:
Date: March 11th, Sunday from 12:00 to 16:00
Location: SMC Performance 1722 Hurfville rd. Sewell, NJ 08096, 856-596-0639
Our March Monthly Meeting will be held on Wednesday, March 21, 2018.
March 21, 2018 @ 19:00 @ Bungs Tavern. In March we will have a discussion and film on IMS bearings and our very own “Targa Dan” will discuss Targa top restoration. The difference between targa tops for different years. The process of restoration as well as what to look for when buying a Targa. He also will display targa tops in various stages of restoration. We’ll have complementary hoagies and beer.
Tour to Porsche Swap Meet in Hershey, PA on Saturday, April 21, 2018
Due to popular demand Schattenbaum is offering a 2018 spring tour to the Porsche-only Swap Meet in Hershey, PA. It’s the largest show of its kind with over 650 vendors and 1000 Porsche cars. Will have reserved parking and food is on the premise. Admission is $25 per car to be paid when entering the Giant Center. Starting point is Bung's Tavern, rain or shine (we don’t hope for snow). The estimated driving time is 2.5 hours including a coffee break. To avoid traffic, we will start our caravan at 7:45 am. If you should have questions please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Tour starting point: Bung’s Tavern, 2031 Route 130 South, Florence, NJ 08016
The PCA has established some best practices for tours, here are some reminders for participants:
- Please plan to meet the group 15 mins early before the departure time to sign insurance forms and get instructions about the tour
- If you join us late on our way you are not part of the tour until you sign the form. We will make an effort to find a parking opportunity for the caravan, which will depend on many factors and the traffic situation, otherwise you should sign the form at the next regular break.
- If you purposely leave the caravan, you are not part of the tour anymore. If you get lost, use the phone number we provide and we will try to reconnect you.
- The tour ends when we reach our final destination (driving back is typically not in a caravan)
- Obey all traffic laws.
SCHATTENBAUM'S FALL COVERED BRIDGE TOUR
Tour to 356 Registry's 2018 East Coast Holiday at OCNJ
Schattenbaum members will tour to the event October 17-21, 2018 if enough of us express interest. Contact email@example.com
See event details at the 356 Registry website: http://eastcoastholiday2018ocnj.org/